Responsible for development activities that include maintaining and creating the Oracle and SQL Server databases in the clients product lines. Other duties include the configuration, installation and support of in-house servers and desktops.
In this job, you will:
- Follow coding standards and procedures as configured by the company. This will ensure that the source code is easily maintained and optimized for use by all developers.
- Follow company standards for source code versioning. Follows accepted practices for versioning and protecting the source code.
- Work with databases in-house and stored in Azure Cloud platform
- Must be able to solve problems and present solutions to problems as they exist.
- Be responsible for schema object development is staying on the schedule that has been published by supervisor.
- Must be proficient in PL/SQL in order to create system reports via stored procedures and triggers. Will be expected to learn clients product line functionality and design to support this effort.
- Must periodically perform diagnostic tests on system databases and perform upgrades to the database to increase stability and /or performance.
- Will travel to customer sites to work on database as needed.
- May be required to work weekends or evenings during critical situations.
- Required to stay current with latest database releases via self-study or users group.
- Stay up-to-date and follow the Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required; or equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years Experience with current Oracle and SQL Server versions able to create database schemas, objects, indexes, and triggers at least.
- 3+ years experience with SQL and PL/SQL required.
- Working experience with the following tasks for databases in-house and remotely:
- Database Replication
- Log Shipping
- Working experience maintaining, tuning, and optimizing databases in-house and in the field, providing status reports on the database
- The ability to travel domestically as needed for work purposes (less than 10%)
Ambire Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.